Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Lord hears the cry of the poor !

I'm so encouraged.
Allow me to elaborate...

MONDAY:
During a phone call with AIM, I was strongly advised to get another prayer letter out, stressing deadlines for funds, etc.
TUESDAY:
I receive an email from a friend asking how she can support God's work in Kenya.
She ends up giving monthly. :)
WEDNESDAY:
I receive yet another unexpected email with a promised monthly pledge!
(Lord, wait! I haven't even had a chance to stop and ASK You to help me in raising these funds. You're handing me blessings I didn't even take time to ASK for yet!! But I love it. Don't stop!!)
Later, I hear from my friend that she has her students specifically praying for me this week. How awesome and humbling! I'm encouraged to PRAY! It's as if I've forgotten to pray for myself.

The best part?

Those praying students once addressed me as "Miss Bandera"...
... back in my first year of teaching.

Jesus, I love you.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

i have a question, darling! :) if your friends want to send you mail and/or care packages whilst you are in africa, where shall we send them?